MCT Health and Safety Precautions
HEALTH PRECAUTIONS UPON ARRIVAL
Each day, all MCT staff and students will undergo a quick, health screening before entering the building. Each person will:
- ✓Receive a temperature check with a no-contact thermometer
- ✓Answer a few yes/no questions.
- For students, the screening will take place by the “MCT Center for the Performing Arts” sign.
- ✓Students will line up on the Broadway sidewalk and use the social distancing markers.
- ✓In case of inclement weather, please stay in your car and we will come to you.
- ✓A guardian must stay with the student(s)until they have cleared the health screening.
- ✓With written consent, students 16 or older may be screened without a guardian. MCT Staff, students and guardians are required to wear face coverings during this health screening.
*PLEASE NOTE*:If anyone (staff or student) has a fever at or above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or, is experiencing any symptoms, that person will be sent home. Unfortunately, health guidelines mandate that a person may not return to class for 7 days, which means a student would not be allowed back that week. .•Health screen records are private and will be destroyed after the recommended length of time. •Once cleared, students will enter the building and thoroughly wash their hands before heading to their assigned room. •This health screening will replace our traditional sign-in sheet.
- MCT will routinely clean and disinfect common areas numerous times throughout the day.
- Each student group will have assigned times for bathroom and water use to avoid sanitation staff. Students may use the bathroom at additional times if needed.
- Internal doors at MCT will be propped open to reduce the need to touch handles. Hand sanitizer will be readily available throughout MCT; students are encouraged to bring their own if possible. We recommend that students bring masks they enjoy wearing (both in comfort and appearance). MCT will provide a mask if your student forgets theirs.
- There will be no park/outside activities.
- Any shared craft supplies will be sanitized between uses.
- During classes, the exterior doors to our box office vestibule are the only ones open for the public. The interior doors of the vestibule will be locked.
- If you need to deliver something to your student –or pick them up early –please make your request to the MCT office staff. You will not be able to enter the lobby to find your student.
END OF THE DAY
- MCT will thoroughly clean and disinfect the building after students leave each day.
As mentioned, you will receive an additional email one week prior to the start of class that will list what your student should bring to MCT, the routes of drop off and pick up, if the class will culminate with a live or streamed performance, and any last-minute details.
We continually keep a close eye on the ever-evolving news about all things COVID-19. There is a chance we may have to modify our accommodations to ensure we stay compliant with any new recommendations. We will let you know as soon as we can if anything changes. Thank you again for your flexibility, support and for entrusting your student to our care. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email education@MCTinc.org.